As a student at ICOM, you will benefit from an academic support system that is proactive in providing anticipated resources.
ICOM faculty members are available to provide help and support. In addition, two learning specialists are able to provide academic coaching and study strategies. Peer mentoring is also provided to students. The ICOM Library also provides many online and on-campus academic resources to help students be successful in their courses.
Meet ICOM’s Learning Specialists
Academic coaching can help improve study skills, time management, organization, and test taking skills. ICOM’s Learning Specialists can help in a variety of ways, including:
- Creating a study plan for an exam
- Offer test-taking strategies and ways to deal with test anxiety
- Discuss best practices for group work
- Model better reading and memory retention strategies
- Discuss learning and study strategies, critical thinking, and problem solving
- Prioritizing tasks and reducing stress
- Be an outside perspective, offering insight into how you can be a better student