As a student at ICOM, you will benefit from an academic support system that is proactive in providing anticipated resources.
ICOM faculty members are available to provide help and support. ICOM learning specialists are able to provide academic coaching, study strategies, and professional writing services to review CV’s and personal statements for applications. The ICOM Library also provides many online and on-campus academic resources to help students be successful in their courses.
Peer mentoring and tutoring is also provided to students. ICOM provides one-on-one appointments, drop-in services, workshops, lab assistants, and review sessions with tutors throughout the academic year.
Meet ICOM’s Learning Specialists
Academic coaching can help improve study skills, time management, organization, and test taking skills. ICOM’s Learning Specialists can help in a variety of ways, including:
- Creating a study plan for an exam
- Offer test-taking strategies and ways to deal with test anxiety
- Discuss best practices for group work
- Model better reading and memory retention strategies
- Discuss learning and study strategies, critical thinking, and problem solving
- Prioritizing tasks and reducing stress
- Be an outside perspective, offering insight into how you can be a better student
For all ICOM students, please visit the Student Intranet for more information on academic support and our learning specialists.
Students with Disabilities
ICOM is committed to providing equal educational opportunity for persons with disabilities in accordance with its nondiscrimination policy and in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, with Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the ADA Amendments Act of 2008.
For any questions contact Student Affairs at [email protected]