Student Organizations and interest committees are a vital component of campus life at ICOM. In one way or another, every group enriches the learning environment for ICOM students and provides opportunities for campus, local and global outreach.
For those interested in organizing a student organization, please review the Student Organization Handbook. It is designed to help ICOM students navigate student organization policies and procedures. This handbook will also be a continual resources in conducting organization business.
For those of you interested in joining an organization, please explore the different student organization links and find groups that fit your interests and goals. Student organizations are a great way to connect with others who are interested in similar thing and to build lifelong connections.
Student Government Association (SGA)
The ICOM Student Government Association is a student-run organization and serves as the official voice for the entire student body of osteopathic medical students at ICOM. SGA maintains communication between students and the faculty, administration, fellow professionals, and the community. SGA also provides resources and events for current ICOM students and will be the parent organization for many interest committees.
Once students arrive on campus in Fall 2018, the first ICOM SGA will be organized by the inaugural class.
Student Osteopathic Medical Association (SOMA)
The Student Osteopathic Medical Association is a a national association and is the student branch of the American Osteopathic Association (AOA). Membership in SOMA includes membership in AOA. All ICOM students will be provided membership in SOMA. ICOM will have a local SOMA chapter available on campus once students matriculate.
Students are also encourage to join state osteopathic medical associations for professional development and networking.
Active Student Organizations and Interest Committees
Below is the list of some of the student organizations and interest committees that are anticipated to be developed at ICOM.
- American College of Osteopathic Emergency Physicians (ACOEP)
- American College of Osteopathic Family Practitioners (ACOFP)
- American College of Osteopathic Internists (ACOI)
- American College of Osteopathic Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOOG)
- American College of Osteopathic Pediatricians (ACOP)
- American Osteopathic Academy of Sports Medicine (AOASM)
- Student Advocate Associations (SAA)
- Student American Association of Osteopathy (SAAO)
- Student Association of Military Osteopathic Physicians and Surgeons (SAMOPS)
- Christian Medical and Dental Association (CMDA)
- Student National Medical Association (SNMA)
- Student Osteopathic Surgical Association (SOSA)
- Global Health and Outreach Club
- Psychiatry Club
- Wilderness in Medicine Club
- Pathology Club
- Dermatology Club