ICOM Values & Standards of Behavior
As members of the ICOM team, we each have an amazing opportunity to make a significant impact on the lives of those we interact with every day and understand the difference it will make to the lives of so many more. It is through our words, actions, and attitudes that our mission comes to life. The following Standards of Behavior document was developed by the ICOM Team in 2017 and updated during the Fall 2017 Strategic Planning Session; it represents our commitment to our future students, co-workers, and the general public. The behaviors are categorized under the the Values of ICOM, which are modeled after the AOA Core Competencies. It is through our behavior that people experience the mission of ICOM. It is the expectation of the ICOM Team that every employee exhibit the following behaviors as “always’ behaviors.
- We embrace the connection of mind, body, and spirit by being student centered and embodying servant leadership.
- We take an evidence-based approach to all that we do.
- We actively listen and voice any concerns that we may have to those involved.
- We ask for help when needed.
- We value all forms of communications and respond to all (internal & external) the same day or by the end of the next business day at work.
- We follow the 10/5 rule (visually acknowledge people within 10 feet and verbally acknowledge people within 5 feet) and acknowledge and value the presence of others.
- We practice closed-loop communication skills.
- We are prepared and on time to where we are supposed to be.
- We fulfill our responsibilities.
- We dress professionally.
- We treat others collegially and work as a team.
- We take accountability and “own” our actions and responsibilities.
- We work and are on-campus or at an assigned location during the established work hours.
- We act with integrity in all that we do.
- We readily embrace and provide feedback.
- We protect confidentiality.
- We treat ICOM resources with respect and expend resources judiciously and effectively.
- We minimize expenditures to help keep tuition low for students.
- We find creative solutions to problems.
- We work digitally.
- We work as a team.
- We avoid the status-quo bias by finding better ways to achieve outstanding outcomes.
- We teach others and learn from others.
- We focus on continuously learning and improving.
- We apply what we learn.
- We conduct debrief sessions to learn from our successes and failures.
- We promote a culture of lifelong learning in our students, faculty, and staff.
- We care about each other, our students, and our community.
- We model healthy behavior.
- We celebrate others and their successes.We respect others.
- We stay home when we are infectious to others.
- We take vacations and enable our coworkers to do the same.
- We utilize our support networks and promote their use for others.
- We strive to be experts in what we do.
- We focus on continuous self improvement.
- We challenge the status quo.
- We perform each task with outstanding quality.