The secondary application process will consist of the ICOM Secondary Application, a non-refundable processing fee, and the required letter of recommendation.
Once the Office of Admissions has received your secondary application, application fee or waiver, required letters of recommendation, official MCAT scores and all other supporting documents, the complete applicant files are sent for review.
ICOM is committed to selecting applicants who meet our mission and align with our values and who are an asset to the profession of osteopathic medicine. When reviewing applications the goal of the Office of Admissions is to evaluate:
- each applicant as a whole person.
- each applicant who has interest in serving the regions included in Idaho’s mission.
- each applicant’s potential for success in the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) Degree Program.
- each applicant’s commitment and aptitude as a future practicing osteopathic physician.
- each applicant for their compassion, knowledge and commitment to health care and the ICOM Mission
After review applicants will either receive an invitation to interview or a notice of regret.