Research experiences for students are designed to stimulate the imagination and instill commitment to evidence-based practice and the generation of new knowledge.
ICOM investigators are committed to training students in research methodologies and honing their communication skills. In turn, students contribute to formulation of hypotheses, data collection, and sharing of information in a collegial atmosphere.
Getting Started with Research at ICOM as an OMS-1:
- Have an idea for a project but don’t know how to get started? Click here to start the process.
- Overview of Student Research while at ICOM (authentication required)
- Research Showcase Presentations (authentication required)
- Research LibGuide
- Opportunities with ICOM Faculty
Student Research Funding
- Mentored Research Grant (2023 submission window opens Jan. 31, 2023)
- Review Criteria
- Student Research Travel Grant
Opportunities with ICOM Faculty
- Academic credit available through Research Independent Study special topics course
- Available to OMS-I during Spring semester; rising OMS-II during summer; OMS-II during Fall semester
Student Opportunities (volunteer)
- Boise State University Summer Research Internship
- Idaho State University Summer Research Internship
- Idaho Urologic Institute Research Internship
- Saint Alphonsus Research Internship
- Nationwide opportunities for Summer 2022
Research Seminar and Journal Clubs
- ICOM Impact Research Series
- ICOM Student Journal Club
- We were thrilled to have John Licciardone DO be our Keynote Speaker at Research Day 2022.
- Idaho Osteopathic Physicians Association meetings
- Idaho Academy of Science and Engineering
- Next meeting: Spring 2023
- 2022 National SOMA Research Symposium (application deadline March 26)