The mission of the Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine is to train osteopathic physicians prepared for caring for persons in Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming and beyond.
VISION OF THE IDAHO COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE
The vision of the Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine is to be the nation's leader in training caring and expert osteopathic physicians in support of our mission.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE IDAHO COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE
The goal of the Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine is to train osteopathic physicians through the following objectives:
1. Educate osteopathic medical students in the art and science of osteopathic medicine using the most current research in clinical and biomedical sciences.
2. Recruit and graduate osteopathic medical students who are committed to serving in areas throughout Idaho, the region and beyond.
3. Provide osteopathic clinical service.
4. Develop postgraduate training programs in collaboration with other institutions.
5. Contribute to the fund of osteopathic medical knowledge through educational, scientific and clinical research and other scholarly activity.
6. Prepare osteopathic medical students for achievement in successful graduation, COMLEX-USA licensure exams, and graduate medical education placement.