Effective Aug. 12, 2022, face masks are optional at the Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine.
On Friday, Aug. 12, ICOM’s COVID-19 Task Force issued updated guidance that coincides with the COVID transmission rate in Ada County, recently categorized as “medium.”
In addition to the updated mask protocol, ICOM’s COVID-19 Task Force also issued the following caveats:
- Everyone should feel free to wear a mask if they have a medical need or personal desire to do so.
- Masks may still be required for close-contact training. Students and employees should continue to bring their masks to the OPP Lab, clinical skills, etc.
- Course directors may still request that masks be worn for some training and educational activities.
- If the community risk level goes back to “high,” ICOM may return to masking protocols.
- Individuals should remain off campus if sick or have symptoms concerning for COVID.
- Remain diligent with sanitization and personal hygiene.