The Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine’s COVID-19 Task Force has issued new campus guidance for its students, employees and essential visitors.
Beginning Monday, Nov. 16, the following guidelines will be implemented:
- Students must wear masks at all times in the building, including in group study rooms.
- First-year students must wear N-95 masks in the Gross Anatomy Lab.
- Students are not allowed on the third floor, with the exception of the café area.
- Students are asked to arrange meetings with faculty/staff through email.
- Students must make appointments with Student Services and may not enter the Student Services Suite without an appointment.
- Gatherings with more than 10 people are not permitted.
- Gatherings with less than 10 people are allowed, but everyone must maintain a physical distance of six feet.
- No more than four students are allowed in a group study room.
- In-person student club/organization activities are not permitted and must be done virtually.
As of Monday, Nov. 30, students will not be permitted back on campus, or in the Gross Anatomy Lab, between Thanksgiving and Winter Break (Nov. 30-Dec. 18). All courses and examinations will be conducted remotely.
ICOM’s COVID-19 Task Force continues to meet regularly to implement local, state and federal safety recommendations. Contingency plans are in development, should the need arise to pursue distance learning for the spring semester, which begins January 11, 2021.