The Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine is excited to honor the Class of 2023 at their upcoming commencement ceremony!
Commencement is scheduled for 2 p.m., Friday, May 19, 2023 at the Morrison Center in Downtown Boise. Specific details related to the ceremony will be shared once they are finalized.
***Please note that event dates are subject to change or cancellation based on COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions.
Day of Commencement
The Week of Commencement: Schedule of Events
Tuesday, May 16, 2023
Registrar Meeting, Regalia Pick-Up, and Regalia Headshots
At ICOM- time to be determined.
- Students must schedule an appointment on Tuesday, May 16 to go through the exit interview process with the Registrar, pick up regalia, and take their Regalia headshots.
- Appointment scheduling will open in the Spring.
- Please dress professionally since you will be taking a headshot photo.
- You will need to bring your iPad so that it can be reset by IT as well.
Financial Aid Exit Meeting:
- This will take place at ICOM- likely in the afternoon, around 1-2pm.
- All students who have received financial aid are required to attend.
Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Military Promotion Ceremony
- 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Boise Centre East, Room 420
- 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Boise Centre East, 400 Ballroom
Thursday, May 18, 2023
Class Photo in Regalia
- In the ICOM Courtyard – time to be determined.
- Please be ready in professional dress and full regalia when you arrive.
Family Celebration at Zoo Boise
- 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Friday, May 19, 2023
- 10:00 a.m. at Morrison Center
- 11:30 a.m. at Morrison Center
- 2:00 p.m at Morrison Center
- Auditorium doors will open at 1:30 p.m. for family and friends.
- 4:30 p.m. at Morrison Center
Application for Graduation
All student doctors must apply to graduate. Students must fulfill all academic requirements for the Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) degree in order to receive their diploma on commencement day. Students will be evaluated by the Office of the Registrar, to ensure that the degree may be conferred.
ICOM is happy to provide students with rental regalia. This rental includes your gown, personalized ICOM hood, tam, and tassel.
Regalia will be available for order online through Herff Jones. The order link for Class of 2023 graduates will be made available in January. Regalia will be delivered to ICOM for student pick-up on the week of commencement. Academic honor cords and/or stoles will also be available for pick-up at that same time as well.
Students may elect to purchase their own hoods separately through Herff Jones. Information on that will be available shortly.
Rented regalia must be returned after the commencement ceremony in order to receive your diploma. There will be a designated drop off site at the Morrison Center, which will be communicated to students. ICOM will be responsible for returning rented regalia to Herff Jones.
Students’ legal names, as they appear in the Student Information System (SONIS), will be printed on the diploma. Should you need to submit an official name change, or update your name for any reason, please contact the Registrar’s Office as soon as possible. This information will also be covered on the Application for Graduation.
The Class of 2023 will have a date of May 19, 2023 printed on their diploma. If a student has not yet met the graduation requirements, the date those requirements have been fulfilled will be the date issued on the diploma. (See below regarding delayed graduation.)
Diplomas will be distributed after the commencement ceremony upon returning rented regalia.
Custom frames for your diploma can be ordered through Framing Success.
If requirements will not be met by the date of commencement, but will be complete by June 30, 2023, a student may petition to walk with their cohort. The petition form to request to participate in commencement can be obtained through the Office of the Registrar.
Any student who has not satisfied graduation requirements by the official commencement date will be conferred effective the date that all requirements are met and all grades are received. Upon confirmation of successful completion, the diploma will be ordered by the Office of the Registrar.
Military Promotion Ceremony
Students participating in the Health Professions Scholarship Program (HPSP) and the Reserves should refer to this guide regarding the promotion ceremony, which is scheduled for Wednesday, May 17, 2023.
Zoo Boise Family Night
- Information will be announced at a later date.
- More information will be shared once details are confirmed.
- Students will receive 10 tickets* for the Commencement Ceremony. More details to follow.
*Number of tickets per student may change depending on current COVID guidelines and event restrictions.
Awards Ceremony and the Military Promotion Ceremony
- Held at Boise Centre East in downtown Boise
- Directions and Parking
All students who received financial aid are required to attend exit counseling. The presentation will be held on Tuesday, May 16, 2023 and registration will open in the spring.