Select candidates will be invited for a personal on-campus interview with representatives of the Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine. An interview is required for admission consideration, and should be viewed as a way for each party to learn more about the other – ICOM interviewing the applicant, while the applicant also determining if ICOM is the best fit for them.
Interview day experience
Admission Decision and Enrollment
The Admissions Committee will review each applicant who interviews with ICOM. An admissions decision, based on academic performance, professional experience, and interview, will be provided to the applicant in a timely manner, usually within two weeks of the interview date. The admission committee may make a recommendation to accept, deny or waitlist.
Accepted candidates must review, acknowledge and submit an electronic signature for the Technical Standards and Academic Handbook. The candidate must also meet all clinical and academic requirements for matriculation. Information on matriculation requirements are provided in the acceptance letters.
All accepted candidates are required to remit a $1,500 non-refundable deposit by the date listed on acceptance letter. This deposit is then applied to the candidate’s tuition.
Applicants will be requested to submit necessary matriculation documents, including a deposit, according to the following traffic guideline schedule:
- Those accepted prior to January 15 will have 30 days to pay the non-refundable deposit of $1,500
- Those accepted between January 15 and May 14 will have 14 days to pay the non-refundable deposit of $1,500
- Those accepted after May 15 may be asked for an immediate deposit
- Minimum time to accept offer: 30 days
- Earliest acceptance date: 8/1/2020
- Latest acceptance date: 8/1/2021
- Deferred entrance requests considered: Yes. Requests for deferred entrance will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Orientation / start date for first-year students: 7/31/2021