The 3,500 square foot, 124 seat, Medical Library will be conveniently located on the first floor close to the lecture halls and study group rooms. The medical library will provide ICOM students and faculty individualized research training and assistance, and will be staffed by medical librarians. Its print collection will consist of authoritative textbooks and journals in major biomedical and medical disciplines as well as a small collection of newspapers and general interest magazines. The medical library will also provide copier/printers, quiet study space and desktop computers for the use of its students and faculty.
The digital library will include access to licensed internet resources, including full-text e-journals, electronic textbooks, bibliographic databases, streaming videos, clinical simulations, diagnostic decision support programs and evidence-based clinical information systems, as well as access to selected web resources by subject. The digital library will be available to all students during all four years of training to allow for consistency and availability of the teaching resources on clinical campuses.
Current Resources (as of February 2018)
- Clinical Key- 1,500 medical textbooks, 500 full-text journals, procedure videos, medication information, point-of-care resources, patient information, and more.
- Access Medicine- 100 medical textbooks, multimedia library, differential diagnosis tool, quick references resources, and self-assessment tools.
- Access Medicine Case files
- MEDLINE Complete- 2,300 full-text journals across a variety of medical disciplines
- Cochrane Library- Includes the Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Cochrane Clinical Answers & Cochrane Central Register of Control Trials
- DynaMed Plus- A point-of-care decision support tool which includes thousands of topics, figures, algorithms and images.
- Health Policy Reference Center- More than 330 full-text journals related to health policy.
- Psychology & Behavioral Sciences Collection- More than 500 full-text journals plus indexing for an additional 400 journals.
- Thieme Products
- MyCourse Dissector
- eBook Library Collection
- Teaching Assistant
- LWW Osteopathic Collection
- Access Pharmacy
- Natural Medicines
- Facts & Comparisons
- Bates’ Visual Guide to Physical Examination with OSCEs
- ScienceDirect journal package
- Individual journals not otherwise included in the above packages based on faculty/students needs
- Individual textbooks/reference books per the syllabi